Thursday 14 July 2011

Review: Kiehls Scented Lip Balm in Pear

Kiehl's Scented Lip Balm #1 is part of Kiehls lip care range.

There are four scents in this range:

Coconut
Cranberry
Mango
Mint 
Pear

I purchased this product in Pear. I've never come across any skincare/cosmetic products containing the scent of Pear, so I was intrigued to test this Pear flavoured lip balm. 




Pros:

The pear scent of this lip balm is absolutely divine and smells slightly sweet! I love this scent as it really does remind me of sweet and ripe pears! The scent is not artificial like most other products I have used.

The balmy formula is similar to Vaseline, however, the texture is more thick. This lip balm is colourless and goes on clear.

This lip balm mositurised my dry lips very well and leaves my lips looking shining. My lips have gotten dry from the winter breeze and I'm glad this Kiehls Lip Balm came to the rescue as it really does relieve sore and dry lips.

The SPF factor is 4, so it's great to see that this lip balm contains an SPF factor.  Even though it's winter, it's still important to protect the lips with products containing SPF.

Cons:

The packaging is inconvenient for application, as the tip is flat and NOT slanted, as I had anticipated. You would need to squeeze the tube and apply a small amount of product to your fingertip before application. 

Since this lip balm is no way near to being sticky like lip gloss, it just sits on the surface of my lips and acts as a barrier. However, this barrier disappeared after about an hour. I was quite disappointed with the staying power of this balm. 


Overall:

Kiehl's Scented Lip Balm #1 in Pear smells absolutely divine! This product does moisturise my lips, however, it didn't maintain the moisture of my lips in the long run.


Each Kiehl's Scented Lip Balm #1 tube is 15 mL and costs $AUD 12.

www.kiehls.com.au

Have you tried any of Kiehl's Scented Lip Balms before?
If so, which is your favourite scent?

Rose

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried the Kiehls balms yet. Both pear and coconut sound good to me :)

    ReplyDelete