Wednesday 9 May 2012

Review: BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional


For those of you who have read my previous skincare reviews, you would know that I have a combination/oily skin type and one of my main skin concerns is an oily T-zone, visible pores and dry cheeks. Recently, I discovered BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional (25ml A$53) which is an oil-free, lightweight, translucent, silky pro balm that helps to minimise the appearance of pores. These are the qualities in a balm that I have been looking for as sometimes, either primer or foundation is not adequate to ensure pores look invisible.

The POREfessional is a latte coloured balm which is formulated with silicone based ingredients and vitamin E to nourish the skin. I apply about 1/4 of a pea size of The POREfessional along the T-zone and on the inner cheeks, where pores are most visible. The texture of The POREfessional is very lightweight as it claims and the silky texture reflects on the amount of silicone present in the formulation. The silicone feel makes my skin smooth and appear nice and matte. The POREfessional is lightly fragranced and to me it isn't a pleasant scent. However, the scent does dissipate awhile after application. 

Once I blend in The POREfessional onto my skin, the balm dissappears instantly and becomes translucent. You can apply the balm before OR after foundation. I prefer to apply before foundation to leave a perfect canvas base for foundation application. 

The POREfessional covers up my pores really well! I am very impressed with the results as most products I use only slightly minimise the appearance of my pores. However, I found that The POREfessional does not provide longevity to my foundation. Hence, I would need to top up powder on my skin during the day.

I absolutely swear by The POREfessional and it is my staple and holy grail primer! If you have similar skin concerns as I do, expecially with visible pores, I highly reccomend you try this out!

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI77499), Limonene, Triethoxycaprylylylsilane, Bht.

Which holy grail products do you use to minimise the appearance of pores?

xx Rose

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! Am tempted to buy it now. ^^"

    randomcrapwithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete