Monday 14 May 2012

April Glossybox: The Beauty of Nature

My long awaited April Glossybox and sadly the final Glossybox for Australian subscribers has finally arrived with the theme of 'The Beauty of Nature '. I'm sure the news of Glossybox joining forces with Lust Have It! have been well circulated where subscribers of Glossybox who choose to continue their subscription will be transferred to the Lust Have It! subscription service. For me, I was a little sad but excited at the same time. 1. I will surely miss the boudoir pastel pink Glossyboxes that I have accumulated over the last few months and 2. my favourite high-end brands associated with Glossybox such as Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder and Biotherm, just to name a few, are not associated with Lust Have It!. On a brighter note, I will have the opportunity to experience the subscription service from Lust Have It! (I have heard how reputable Lust Have It! is) and experience trialling deluxe samples from brands such as Lancome, MD Formulations, O.P.I, Laura Mercier, Dermalogica, Burt's Bees and BioEffect, just to name a few. 

Now, on to the contents in my Glossybox. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the selection of samples included. I've noticed that most people have expressed their disappointed out loud and clear and I'm not surprised. Have a look below.


Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask, sample size 15ml worth $11.40
(full sizes 40ml/A$55; 125ml/A$95)

Redwin Organics Moisturiser, Organge & Bergomot, full size 100 g A$2.99

UANDI Natural Age-Reversal Cream, sample size (full size 30ml A$60)

Davroe Thermaprotect Protection Spray, sample size 50ml worth $5.60
(full size 200ml A$22.50)

Indola Innova Repair Capsules, 3 capsules worth $3.60 (15 x 1ml/A$17.95)

 April Glossybox Total worth ~$34


Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask was the only product in my Glossybox that really caught my interest. I really admire that the focus of Jurlique is towards natural plant extracts for healthy looking skin. I have not used their Intense Recovery Mask before, so I'm very keen to try this out.

Redwin Organics Moisturiser is super affordable and it wasn't a surprise that I received a full size tube. The moisturiser helps to deeply nourish and rejuvenate the skin to reveal the skins radiance. 

UANDI NaturaAge-Reversal Cream, this is another moisturiser in my Glossybox but a luxe brand deluxe sample with anti-aging properties. I haven't reached my 30's, so I guess this cream would be great to trial and test out the texture.

Davroe Thermaprotect Protection Spray sounds like a great product to apply to my hair prior to heat styling. I have been using a number of different products to my hair to maintain it's moisture and prevent it from drying out. The main reasons as to why my hair dries out easily is due to dying my hair every few months and heat styling my hair almost everyday.

Indola Innova Repair Capsules is enriched with apricot kernal oil and claims to treat damaged hair. I received three capsules in a little paper bag with no description, so I had no idea whether it would be used for the skin or hair. I'm glad those info cards come in handy!

Overall, I was happy to receive the Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask as I have a huge obsession with masks, particularly clay-based masks. On the other hand, I wasn't impressed with the idea of including two hair products and two moisturisers which pretty much claim to provide similar benefits. Like every other Glossybox I have received there was always a variety of products ranging from skin care to hair care and to makeup. I was a little bummed that there were no makeup samples and new/upcoming beauty products. I always look forward to receiving a sample of something new and innovation in the cosmetics industry, which is the primary reason why I subscribed to Glossybox. Ultimately, the finale of Glossybox Australia wasn't as great as I had anticipated, but that doesn't matter as now I'm looking forward to receive my first Lust Have It! pack within the next fortnight!

 What is your opinion of Glossybox joining forces with Lust Have It!? What are you thoughts on the April Glossybox? What did you receive in your April Glossybox?

xx Rose

5 comments:

  1. The Jurlique mask looks nice! Gosh a few months ago the beauty box market was so over saturated now they are dwindling out one by one. I actually really like Lusthaveit! so I hope they don't plan on going anywhere just yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad that these beauty subscription services are ending so soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm currently living in Brisbane as well and i love reading your blog :) Gives me ideas of beauty products to buy. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm really glad to hear that you love reading my blog bubblelove! That's really sweet of you!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm an ex glossy and a current LHI subscriber... In an email from Lust Have It! they mentioned how excited they were to merge with Glossybox, because... Wait for it... All the brands associated with glossy also merge! Meanwhile, Lust Have It will be even better now and we wont miss out on any of the great brands!!

    ReplyDelete