Thursday 9 February 2012

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Pink Sugar

Revlon Colorburst in Pink Sugar
Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks as the name itself says that their lipstick formulas provide a 'burst of rich colour' to the lips. I recently stumbled across the shade 'Pink Sugar' which is a pretty baby pink shade with shimmers. I'm not a huge fan of lipstick or lipgloss containing shimmers, however, I decided to give Pink Sugar a go as the creamy baby pink shade was something I don't have in my mountain high lipstick stash. The baby pink shade of the lipstick didn't show up too well in the photo unfortunately :(

I adore the classy and sophisticated black casing of these lipsticks and I really think Revlon has done a pretty good job in the design of the packaging. Revlon has also released the lipgloss version of the Colorburst range and it reminds me so much of Chanel's Glossimers! 
Pink Sugar applies onto my lips smoothly and my lips felt moisturised. The initial application resulted in a sheer finish and I was stunned as the Colorburst lip formulas are advertised to provide rich colour to the lips. The soft look and sheer finish was not too disappointing as there was a pretty and subtle shimmer effect on my lips and I quite like the look as a casual or 'going out to the grocer' look. I applied a few more swipes of Pink Sugar and it was great that the colour was buildable, however, not intense.

The lasting power was not great as it only lasted a couple of hours with only some shimmer remaining on the lips. That said, I would only use this lipstick when I'm in a hurry to head out for a short period. I would have loved this shade more if the lasting power was great as the shade is quite pretty. 

What do you think of Pink Sugar?
Have you tried any other shades from the Revlon Colorburst Lipstick/Lipgloss range?

xx Rose

1 comment:

  1. I tried one of the pinks, possibly this one, or possibly carnation, can't remember, and It didn't last very long either, although the colour was pretty. They also have a red colour which is strange, it has huge chunks of gold glitter in it!

    ReplyDelete