Wednesday 7 December 2011

Review: OCC Lip Tar in Pageant

Obessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC), well the brand name says it all! OCC Lip Tars have been the topic of makeup gossip these days after these gorgeous lip wonders appeared in the November Bellabox a couple of weeks ago. To see what I received in my November Bellabox click HERE.





Ok, back on topic to the OCC Lip Tars. I've heard so much about these Lip Tars that I'm very happy to have my hands on one of these super star lip products. The shade I have is Pageant which is a blue pink shade.


OCC Lip Tars are the most long lasting, bold and opqaue and brilliant innovation to exist in the cosmetic industry! I am utterly surprised as to how this lipgloss looking lip product gives the legendary result beyond the quality of not the regular lipgloss, but lipstick! 


These OCC Lip Tars come in lipgloss tubes with 8ml of product. I like that it comes packaged in a slanted tip applicator. Despite this, I would NOT reccomend applying the Lip Tar directly to the lips! It's best to use a lip brush with stiff fibres to apply this Lip Tar as the formulation is extremely pigmented and difficult to wipe off. Using a lip brush would help to apply this Lip Tar perfectly along the cupid's bow and lip line. It's also important to use minimal amounts of product as applying excess product could cause feathering along the lip line. 

This Lip Tar is VERY long lasting and I'm surprised my lips were still looking great after 6 hours! I did notice a slight stain on my coffee cup, though the intensity of Pageant remained the same. The rate of fading was very low, so eventually after about 10 hours (literally) the intensit of Pageant reduced, but it left my lips looking slightly pinkish and still looking very pretty. 

These OCC Lip Tars are seriously fabulous and I would definitely reccomend these for events where you just don't have the time to touch up your lips. For example, these Lip Tars would be great for weddings, parties and even work! 

There are so many shades in the OCC Lip Tar range that I'm looking forward to trying a few other shades. I recently came across xsparkage's Epic OCC Lip Tar Swatch post and she has probably swatched every shade in the range! Check out her awesome post here.

Have you tried OCC Lip Tars before?
Which shade is your favourite? Which shades do you reccomend?

Rose

3 comments:

  1. I have Pageant - it's gorgeous and good for an every day look. My other favourite is Anime, but it's a neon pink :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rakhshanda Pageant is a pretty shade and I think it suits most people.

    @Clare Anime sounds cute! I'm still in the midst of exploring the other shades so I might see what Anime is like. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete