Saturday 3 December 2011

Madison Magazine + Butter London Nail Polish

December Issue of Madison Magazine
I was browsing the Woolworths aisle the other day and to my surprise I saw a Butter London nail polish attached to the front cover of the December issue of Madison with Jessica Gomes on the cover! Gee... the name Jessica is so common! Jessica is of Singaporean-Chinese and Portugese background and born and raised in Perth. She is an Australian model and it's great to see a new face to the cover of glossy mag Madison. 


 I love a great little bonus with mags, so if you pick up your December issue of Madison you will get the choice between two Butter London nail polishes in Trout Pout (salmon pink) and Yummy Mummy (creamy pale taupe). Plus you will also get a $10 discount when you purchase two Butter London nail polishes at participating retail outlets. 

Butter London nail polishes are 3 free nail lacquers which means they are formulated without nasty and toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl-phthalate (DBP) or parabens.


Yummy Mummy looks like the perfect netural shade for Autumn/Winter and Trout Pout looks like the perfect shade for Spring/Summer, so I decided to choose Trout Pout.

 I'm wearing Trout Pout on my nails today and here's what it looks like:




Trout Pout leans more towards coral in the above photos, however, it's actually more of a bright salmon pink shade. The consisteny of Butter London nail polishes is very creamy and smooth and two coats will give a completely opaque finish. The only downside is that this nail polish started to chip on my busy nails after one day.  


I've taken another photo of my Trout Pout nails (below) under different lighting and shade appears to be closer to the actual colour.


To acheive the finished look, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Grip Fast Dry Base Coat, two coats of Butter London Trout Pout, OPI Rapidry Top Coat and finally Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Speed Dry Drops (love this stuff!!).




Did you grab your copy of Madison mag this month? Which shade did you choose?
Which nail polish shades will you be sporting this summer?

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment