Thursday 22 September 2011

Review: Palmer's Purifying Mask


My skin type is combination/oily and the only masks which are suitable and work effectively to clear out my pores and draw out impurities from my skin are kaolin clay-based masks. If your skin is dry, a light creamy emollient-based mask is the one for you.

Frankly, Palmers Purifying Mask is my one and only go-to mask for pampering and treating my skin! I’ve been using this mask for about 5 weeks and I find this product very effective and indulgent to use!

Palmer’s Purifying Mask is packaged in a large soft squeeze tube with the cap at the base. This makes dispensing the product so easy when I’ve used up more than 50% of the product.

I use this mask 2-3 times a week and leave if on for about 10 minutes, or when the kaolin clay dries as the natural active ingredients and essential oils from the mask purifies my skin.


Palmer’s Purifying Mask is a relatively thick cream comprised of natural green clay which clears out my clogged pores and natural almond oil to moisturise the skin surface. Although the texture is very thick it was very easy to gently and evenly spread a thin layer of the product across my face and around the eyes.


Immediately after application, my face felt this luxurious cooling sensation that made me feel so relaxed and heavenly! The cooling and hydrating properties of this clay mask comes from the presence of chamomile and primrose oil. Interesting to note is the presence of aloe and cocoa butter which help to soothe my skin and leaving it to appear bright and radiant right after rinsing my face.  I didn’t feel any tightness, redness or dryness after using this mask.

It’s always a soothing experience when I use this mask and since using this mask, my skin is clearer and break-outs are non-existant, besides from 'that time of the month' hormonal break-outs.

Palmer’s Purifying Mask is reasonably priced at A$9.99 for a 120g tube and it will last a very long time, considering you only need to use a small amount 2-3 times a week.  


What are your thoughts on Palmer's Purifying Mask?
 Have you used clay masks before?

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment