Thursday 2 June 2011

Review: L'Oreal Sublime Mousse

Visiting the salon to colour my hair can be quite pricey, so I sometimes have a D.I.Y. home hair colouring session to save some money. However, there are so many different types and brands of hair colouring kits in the supermarkets that it's quite difficult to choose a good quality hair dye kit. 

The best I've used thus far is L'Oreal Sublime Mousse!


L'Oreal has recently released their new and innovative Sublime Mousse permanent colouring kit which comes in a handful of natural looking hair colours. This new formula is in the form of an aerated mousse. Intrigued by this new invention, I decided to road test L'Oreal's Sublime Mousse in #60 Pure Light Brown, which is around two shades lighter than my natural hair colour. 



The kit comes with a Liquid to Mousse Developer, Liquid to Mousse Colourant, a pump, conditioner (40 mL), disposable gloves and an instruction sheet.

Pros:

I like the fact that the developer comes packaged in a convenient to use pump and you don't need any additional brushes to apply the dye. It's a very clean process which is really great for at home hair colouring. The mousse texture is to be used like shampoo and you just gently massage the mousse to your hair. Surprisingly, the mousse had bound very well to my hair that the dye DID NOT drip or run down my hair and end up as a mess on the floor! 

I'm amazed about this hair dye as it's mess-free and so easy to apply without a helping hand. The quantity of this product is great as I usually use two boxes to colour my thick long hair, however, I ended up dying my own hair PLUS my partner's short hair with some product left in the bottle. 

My hair feels soft and smooth and not dry or rigid. I'm very happy with the outcome of Sublime Mousse and will continue to use this in future, rather than heading to the Salon!

Cons:

My hair is looking natural, though I wish the shade I used was lighter like it appears on the box. It seems like the shade shown on the box is much lighter than the shade of the product. 

I think L'Oreal aimed to produce a selection of natural coloured hair dyes, so there isn't a wider range of shades to include my favourite shades of bergundy, auburn and plum shades.


Overall:

L'Oreal Sublime Mousse is a great product for natural looking coloured hair and colouring my hair at home has never been so easy and mess-free.



Have you tried L'Oreal Sublime Mousse yet?
Do you prefer colouring your hair at home or at the salon?

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment