Global Stylist Ambassador, Sam McKnight, created a ‘Global Exotic’ look for the Vivienne Westwood S/S ’12 show during the Paris Fashion Week event last month. The Global Exotic hair looks features a foppish masculine quiff to Baroque inspired bouffant to soft romantic maidens using a variety of different hair textures and patterns.
Sam McKnight shares with you how to achieve the masculine quiff featured on the models at the Vivienne Westwood S/S ’13 show:
1. Cleansing and conditioning the hair is the utmost important step to provide the perfect base for styling. Sam recommends Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner, which helps to give your hair minimal weight, maximum hydration while simultaneously eliminate frizz and give hair that does not look flat. One of the great things about the Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner is that they are free from silicones.
2. Apply a decent amount of Pantene Pro-V Body Builder Mousse to damp or dry hair and then blow-dry hair. I would suggest sectioning the hair and apply the mousse bit by bit for an even application.
3. Clip away the top section of hair leaving hair in place each side from the arch of the eyebrow downwards.
4. Apply Pantene Pro-V Intensive Damage Repair Oil into the two side sections and using a fine toothcomb to smooth out the hair pull the two side sections together and secure at the back of the head.
5. Release the top section of hair and blow-dry using your fingers to lift the roots to give more volume.
6. While leaving the sides in place, remove the hair elastic at the back of the head. Use Pantene Pro-V All Day Smooth Leave in Crème as a styling aid by applying the Crème to the hair using your fingers as a rake through the ends.
7. Finally, take the top section above the slick sides and twist into a pleat forcing a quiff at the top of the head. Ensure the quiff is set in place adding Pantene Pro-V Stay Smooth Hairspray and pins as needed.
What do you think of the masculine quiff? Will you be sporting this look this season?
*This is a sponsored post. I am not affiliated with Pantene. Images were provided by Pantene.