Thursday 7 June 2012

Review: La Prairie Cellular Time Release Moisturiser (Intensive)



Originating in Switzerland, prestigious skincare brand La Prairie has been at the forefront of anti-aging cellular formulations for over 50 years. The cutting-edge science, development of anti-aging solutions and formulation of the works occur at the renowned Clinique La Prairie in Montreux, Switzerland.   

Heading towards the cooler wintry season, my combination/oily skin type begins to diverge from it’s normal state and become erratic, I sometimes find my skin loses the majority of its essential oils. Due to the cold and wind, my skin is beginning to turn dry and my skin feeling relatively dull. I fell like my skin is mimicking the depressive look of the grey skies.

To combat the harsh weather and restore and balance the essential oils to my skin, I have been using La Prairie Cellular Time Release Moisturiser Intensive. Cellular Time Release Moisturiser consists of ingredients such as Panax Ginseng extract which act as a ‘time delivery system’ to keep the skin hydrated and triple the moisture level whilst guard against moisture loss. The beauty of ginseng extracts is that they promote anti-aging skin treatment and stimulate the skin’s metabolism to regenerate due to the presence of phytonutrients, derived from ginseng. In essence, the cream also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as help improve the skin’s vitality.

My skincare regime with Cellular Time Release Moisturiser involves application after cleansing and toning the skin. The cream can be used either day or night, I prefer to use it at night, although I do sometimes apply it in the morning. I only use a small pea-sized amount and apply it to my skin- avoiding the eye area. Cellular Time Release Moisturiser is a luxuriously rich, but lightweight cream which gives a relaxing cooling sensation to my skin once applied. The cream glides on smooth and absorbs within seconds of gently massaging it onto my skin- the cream leaves a matte finish to the skin. The lovely subtle floral scent is divine and doesn’t overpower my senses at all. The scent lingers and doesn’t seem to disappear until a little while later.

After application my skin feels smooth and supply and after a matter of days I am fascinated to see that my skin is looking so radiant! My skin’s moisture levels seemed perfectly balanced and I find my skin has a thirst for this luxuriously effective cream. I’m very pleased with this La Prairie Cellular Time Release Moisturiser Intensive and using small amounts is so effective that the cream in this jar will definitely last me a few months straight through winter to spring. The price tag is hefty, but the results are benefiting my skin which is exactly what I wanted! 

La Prairie Cellular Time Release Moisturiser Intensive retails for $230/30ml.

Which skincare products are your saviour when winter has arrived?

xx Rose

Product was given to me as a gift to celebrate La Prairie's birth into the Twittersphere, you can follow La Prairie Australia via Twitter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment