Saturday 17 March 2012

Review: MeMeMe Seventh Heaven Moisturising Face Base

Cosmetic brand MeMeMe is a UK brand that has recently landed in Australia. I first came across MeMeMe when I received a generous sample of their popular Seventh Heaven Moisturising Facebase in my February Bellabox and I am quite surprised to see how strikingly similar this face base is to Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base. 



I absolutely love love LOVE this face base as the formula is lightweight, the consistency is gel-like and it is very nourishing and moisturising on my skin. The face base is enriched with shea butter, vitamin A and beta-carotene to keep the skin hydrated and moisturised. The scent is absolutely heavenly and very pleasant! There are a number of citrus scents formulated including the zest of lemon, orange, lime and mandarin. The lemony-scent is a little overpowering and most dominate between the fruits, however, the scent does disappear over time. I'm very impressed with the results as this face base has characteristics of both a moisturiser and primer. My skin feels supple and smooth which makes it the perfect base for applying foundation. My foundation lasts longer and looks fresh compared to not wearing this face base and the great thing is it absorbs quickly into the skin. The quality is fantastic and I look forward to using this face base every morning.

MeMeMe Seventh Heaven Moisturising Face Base retails for A$34.95 and is available online at www.mememecosmetics.com.au. Currently, if you sign up to their newsletter online you will be honoured a 20% discount off your next purchase.

Have you discovered any products from MeMeMe Cosmetics? 

xx Rose

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get this in my bellabox would have loved to try it though sounds really good. It sounds a little like the clinique moisture surge, have you tried that? The clinique lady told me it acts as a primer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, it would have been great if Bellabox would include a sample of Seventh Heaven face base in everyone's box and I really like the feel of this product. I would agree that it is similar to Clinique Moisture Surge in terms of texture and consistency, however, the scent is markedly different.

      Delete
  2. I have a really tiny sample of this but I haven't given it a go because I'm a bit off primers at the moment... Seems like I should though. Love your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare! I'm impressed with the overall quality of this primer and glad I got the chance to trial it. I would have actually overlooked this product, since the brand is still new in Australia.

      Delete