Palmer's Eventone BB Cream (A$9.99/30ml) is a newly launched all-in-one Beauty Balm Cream which is a multifunctional formula that targets discolouration and spots, protects the skin with SPF15 and provides lightweight coverage to conceal redness, blemishes and imperfections. Palmer's Eventone BB Cream is available in two shades: Fair/Light and Medium/Dark. This BB cream aims to prime, perfect and protect the skin.
What I love:
- Shade/Tone: Fair/Light was most suited to my skin tone and I was happy to see that this shade appeared natural with cool undertones, unlike most BB creams which appear too brown/orange and unnatural for the skin tone.
- Composition: Synovea: an effective skin lightening agent used to lighten brown sun spots, Niacinamide: a vitamin which inhibits the production of melanosomes and dark spots, Soy: an antioxidant which soothes skin and prevents free radical damage, Liquorice extract: provides skin lightening properties, Cocoa Butter: nourish, softens and hydrates the skin, Vitamin C: an antioxidant which provides a brighter and more even skin tone, and Vitamin E: an antioxidant which reduces the appearance of lines and scars by hydrating the skin.
- Texture: Despite the relatively thick consistency, I loved how 'smoothly' and easily the BB cream blended onto my skin. The shade Fair/Light blended really well with my skin and also dried up quickly to provide my skin with a nice and even skin tone.
- Coverage: This BB cream provides a little bit of extra coverage to reduce the appearance of redness and small imperfections. For more coverage, I would apply some liquid foundation.
- Protection: I always keep an eye out for products containing SPF, so I'm super happy to see that Palmer's Eventone BB Cream contains SPF15.
- Skin benefits: My skin stays well hydrated during wear and also skin appears nice and even due to the addition of a tone enhancing complex within the formula.
- Finish: This BB cream provides me with a lovely luminous and dewy/glowy finish.
- Price: At a measly A$9.99 for a 30ml tube that will last me through the Summer season, you just can't go past this BB cream!
What I dislike:
- Shade: There are only two shades available, which may not be suited for everyone's skin tone.
- Scent: As expected, the scent is reminiscent of other products in the Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula range. The scent does not have a cocoa butter aroma, as the scent leans more towards a floral scent. It's the intensity of the scent which I find is a little overpowering for my liking.
Palmer's Eventone BB Cream is currently only available at My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse Stores. From January 2013, this cream will be available at selected supermarkets and pharmacies nationwide.
Are you currently following the BB Cream trend? What do you think of Palmer's Eventone BB Cream?
Products were provided for consideration only. This review is 100% based on my own thoughts and opinions. I am not affiliated with Palmer's and did not receive remuneration to post this product review.