Tuesday 21 August 2012

L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminosity Serum


L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminosity Serum (A$35.95/30ml) is the latest addition to the L'Oreal Paris Youth Code skincare range. The serum aims to swipe away dull and moisture lacking skin as well as banish the appearance of sun spots, age spots and dark spots to reveal the skins radiance and natural luminosity. 

L'Oreal - 'A precious light infusing serum developed for women aged 25-35 to help correct dark spots and reveal more even, youthful looking skin. The serum is enriched with patented Lumi-GenTM technology to even and illuminate your skin tone.'

L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminosity Serum is packaged in a very sophisticated and sleek silver bottle with a pump top. The design looks very luxurious and 'high-end'. The pump for some reason did not operate smoothly as every time I tried to dispense some product the pump seemed to become ajar halfway and with a little more effort I would end up with too much product. I must have been a fault with the bottle I purchased.





The serum appears opaque with a pearlescent sheen and the consistency is relatively lightweight. The texture of the serum is more like a gel/lotion formulation, so it spreads easily. A couple of pea size amounts, or two 'half-pump's' using my bottle of Luminosity Serum is adequate to evenly apply to the face.  The absorbency of this serum was super fast and at the same time my skin felt nice and smooth and soft to touch. 

One of my main skin concerns is uneven skintone and a few small sun spots on my cheekbones. Although the active ingredient of the Luminosity Serum is Lumi-GenTM (which aims to illuminate and even skin tone), I unfortunately haven't noticed any dramatic change to the appearance of my skin. After using this serum a few weeks on and off and back on again, I feel that my skin feels well moisturised (which I love), however, I feel like my skin is missing out on the goodness of other active ingredients such as vitamins and nutrients that are formulated in other serums.

Overall, L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminosity Serum hydrated my skin very well and worked very well as a base for applying moisturiser followed by foundation and makeup. It didn't break my skin out and did not irritate my skin. Unfortunately, the long term effects of this serum did not spark my interest and I would prefer to use a serum which contains more beneficial core ingredients. 

Have you tried L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminosity before? 

xx Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment